In need of refreshment? In Madeira you don’t have to go far to find a plethora of eateries and watering holes – from high-end restaurants to vibrant bars and cafes.
Village Cabo Girão boasts a fabulous on-site restaurant, the Atlântico, offering an exquisite à-la carte menu at affordable prices. The fabulous food, combined with a welcoming atmosphere, friendly staff and spectacular views over the mighty Atlantic Ocean, create a wonderful place to eat.
If you’re just looking to grab a drink and a quick bite, the on-site Marlin Pool Bar has it covered. Open daily for light snacks and drinks, the bar also operates a ‘happy hour’ from 4:30pm to 5:30pm. This runs every day except Thursdays, when the weekly barbeque is hosted!
There is a mini-market on site, stocking everything you need in the way of food, drinks, toiletries and much more. You can save yourself some money by having breakfast at your villa and making pack lunches to enjoy when you’re out and about. If the mini-market does not have what you are looking for, please ask the shop assistant and they will be happy to try and get it for you. The restaurant, bar and mini-market accept euros and credit cards (with the exception of American Express and Diners Club).
Madeira restaurants outside the resort
If you wish to eat outside the resort, there are plenty of amazing restaurants in Madeira, from affordable bars and cafes to fine-dining establishments. As you might expect, the majority are to be found in capital Funchal, with the distinguished Reid’s Palace Hotel coming highly recommended. The hotel’s Les Faunes restaurant is considered one of the best on the island, and late afternoon high tea is an institution.
A stone’s throw from Village Cabo Girão, the picturesque fishing village of Câmara de Lobos also boasts more than its fair share of atmospheric cafes, bars and restaurants.
Best Madeira restaurants and barsThere are so many great restaurants, eateries and bars nearby that it would be impossible to mention them all, but here are a few suggestions:
- The tiny Restaurante Tokos in Funchal serves fantastic local and Mediterranean cuisine at mid-range prices, and is renowned for the friendliness of its staff.
Address for Restaurante Tokos: Estrada Monumental 169, Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Tel: +351 291 771 019
- The O Celeiro restaurant offers guests a typically Portuguese, but specifically Madeiran, dining experience at very reasonable prices.
Address for O Celeiro: R. dos Aranhas 22, 9000-044 Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Tel: +351 291 230 622
- For a top fine-dining experience try Cris’s – this luxurious Madeira restaurant serves a wide range of European cuisine and is so popular that booking is essential!
Address for Cris’s: Edifício Tecnoparque Passeio Público Marítimo Sítio da, R. da Quinta Calaça, 9000-108 Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Tel: +351 291 742 143
- Set in a stunning location in Camara De Lobos, Restaurant Vila do Peixe boasts amazing sea views accompanied by the freshest seafood you’ve ever eaten. Their traditional homemade desserts are not to be missed!
Address for Restaurant Vila do Peixe: Rua Doutor João Abel de Freitas 30A, 9300-048 Câmara de Lobos, Madeira, Portugal
Tel: +351 291 099 909
- Viola serves some of the best espetada in Madeira. The portions are huge, the service is friendly and the bill will probably be cheaper than you expected.
- If you fancy a few drinks, but don’t want to break to the bank, you can’t beat Funchal’s Bar Number Two. It stocks a huge selection of drinks and has a very friendly atmosphere.
Address for Bar Number Two: Rua D. Carlos I 54-56, 9060-051 Funchal, Madeira, Portugal
Tel: +351 291 651 543
You can also visit and enjoy Madeira’s food and drink festival sheld throughout the year.
Use the code VCG10 and get a special 10% discount on your next reservation.